Surprise visits took place around Pattonville School District on March 30 as finalists were announced for the 2021-2022 Teacher and Support Staff of the Year awards. Winners of the Teacher and Support Staff Rookie of the Year awards were also revealed.
The three finalists for Pattonville Teacher of the Year are:
- Chris Cheatham, third grade teacher at Willow Brook Elementary School
- Lara Corvera, speech and theater teacher at Pattonville High School
- Leslie Jones, first grade teacher at Bridgeway Elementary School
This year's finalists for Pattonville Support Staff of the Year are:
- Erica Abowitz, social worker at the Pattonville Early Childhood Center
- Amy Reese, library and technology aide at Rose Acres Elementary School
- Jennifer Reidelberger, paraprofessional at Drummond Elementary School
The following staff members were selected as recipients of the district’s Rookie of the Year Award:
- Teacher: Kyle Schaper, PE teacher at Parkwood Elementary School
- Support Staff: Tomi Benney, secretary at Pattonville High School
The Rookie of the Year Award recognizes staff who are in their first or second year in the district for their hard work and dedication to Pattonville's students.
These honorees and finalists, along with other building-level Teachers of the Year and Support Staff of the Year, will be recognized at District Appreciation Night on May 2. During this event, the district honorees for Teacher of the Year and Support Staff of the Year will be announced.